User Review( vote)
SportPesa is a Kenyan online sports betting site that gives Kenyan bettors the opportunity to predict game results and place bets on their favorite sports markets. Its portfolio includes international as well as local matches.
• Gaming interface is well-designed and easy to navigate
• SportPesa news, statistics, live scores, and results.
• Downloadable app for Android
• The live betting product is poorer as it offers in-play bets only on three sports
• No casino, no lottery, and no bingo or poker
Kenyan bettors can not only place bets online, but also through SMS and through the Android App. They can also bet through USSD by dialing the number *790#.
Here are some reasons for Kenyan bettors to sign up at SportPesa:
- Licensed and Well Regulated – The parent company of SportPesa, Pevans E.A. Limited, is licensed to offer online sports betting services in Kenya by the Betting Control and Licensing Board (BCLB) of Kenya.
- No Underage Gambling – You must be at least 18 years of age to place real money sports bets at SportPesa. As soon as you register at SportPesa, you have to provide proof that you are indeed of the legal age to gamble.
- Social Interaction – The experience of betting at SportPesa is social as it encourages social interaction via its accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- SportPesa News, Live Scores, and Statistics – You can use these tools to stay updated on the latest sports happenings. The knowledge will help you make an informed decision while betting on sports at SportPesa.
- Live Support – SportPesa offers 24/7 customer support. If you cannot find the information you require, you just have to launch the live chat window to talk to a customer support agent.
- Responsible Gambling – SportPesa supports responsible gambling, encourages its customers to play responsibly, and offers gambling management tools such as setting limits, account closures, and self-exclusion to help bettors stick to their bankroll limits.
How to Open an Account at Sportpesa
The steps to open an account at Sportpesa are quite simple:
- Click on the white Register Now link at the top right of the website.
- This takes to the online registration form.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Create your login details.
- Check the box to indicate that you agree with the betting site’s terms & conditions and that you are of the legal age to gamble.
- Click on the Get Registration Code to complete the registration process and verify your account.
- The betting site sends you a code via SMS.
- Enter the code in the field provided to verify your mobile number.
- You can now log in to your newly created account and start betting on your favorite sports events.
You can also register an account at Sportpesa through SMS.
- SMS GAME to 79079.
- The betting site will send you a confirmation SMS with a link to its terms & conditions.
- You have to read the terms & conditions and SMS Accept to 79079 to complete the registration procedure.
- Sportpesa will then SMS to you a Paybill number and a 4-digit PIN.
- Use your PIN and mobile number to log in to your newly created Sportpesa account.
Sports Markets at Sportpesa – Games to Bet On
Sportpesa offers plenty of betting options, as follows:
- Sports – Place pre-match bets on sports such as football, rugby, cricket, MMA, boxing, motor sports, volleyball, and tennis.
- Live Games – Place live in-play bets on football, tennis, and basketball.
- JengaBets – This is a brand new feature at Sportpesa, enabling players to create JengaBets on selected games and maximize their chances of winning.
- Jackpots – Sportpesa offers a jackpot worth KSh26,642,704. You have to correctly predict the outcomes of 13 previously determined games to win this jackpot. You can use the Quick Pick feature to randomly choose the jackpot selections.
- Top Features – Sportpesa offers services such as statistics, live score, results, and news to help players make wise and informed betting decisions.
Bet on the Move at Sportpesa
Sportpesa is fully optimized for sports betting on the move in browser. When we visited Sportpesa on our mobile devices, we felt that the mobile betting interface was superior to its desktop version. Sportpesa Mobile has a neat and compact design with well-placed links that make navigation super easy.
The login and register links are right on the top. If you click on the menu symbol on the top left, the hidden menu springs to view, revealing links to important pages and betting options. If you scroll to the bottom, you can see the contact information, important links, and licensing information.
To put it in brief, Sportpesa Mobile offers everything that its desktop counterpart does in a neat, compact, and professionally designed package. No download is required.
However, if you wish, you can download the mobile betting app for Android 4.1.1 or higher. You have to click on the Download Now link to get started. You also have to navigate to your Android device settings and enable your device to accept .apk files from unknown sources. This step is necessary because you will not be downloading the app from Google Play Store.
Sportpesa’s mobile betting app for Android comes with the following features:
- Brand New Design – You can view as many as four markets per game on the same screen.
- JengaBets – Maximize your winnings by creating unique bets.
- Jackpot – Placing jackpot bets is very easy in the mobile app.
- Live Games – Place bets as you watch the gaming action unfold before your eyes.
Deposit Guide – How to Top Up Your Sportpesa Account
You have to register an account at Sportpesa to make a deposit. You can use either M-Pesa or Airtel Money as deposit options.
The following is a step-by-step guide to making deposits at Sportpesa:
- Navigate to your money menu on your mobile phone and transfer funds using the Paybill number that Sportpesa sends you at the time of registration.
- The Paybill number for M-Pesa is 955100 or 955700.
- The Paybill number for Airtel Money is SPORTPESA.
- The betting site will instantly credit the funds in your account.
- Sportpesa will then send you a message confirming the success of your transaction.
- You can now place real money sports bets on your desktop on mobile device.
How to Withdraw Your Winnings at Sportpesa
Withdrawing your winnings at Sportpesa is quite easy, especially as you can do it in two ways.
Withdraw Via SMS
- SMS W#withdrawal amount#8888 to 79079.
- W stands for withdraw, and you have to input the amount you want to withdraw in place of “withdrawal amount.”
- For example, you have to SMS W#1000#8888 if you want to withdraw KSh1000 from your account.
- This format works for Airtel Money as well as M-Pesa.
- M-Pesa/Airtel Money and Sportpesa will send you a confirmation message informing you of the success of your transactions.
Withdraw Via Web
You just have to log in to your account and click on the Withdraw link on the top right of the website. Follow the prompts and your money will reach you in no time.
Getting Support & Information at Sportpesa
Sportpesa has a small Help link near the question mark symbol on the top right of the website. If you click on it, you will be taken to the help section, which teaches you how to place bets, make deposits and withdrawals, and manage your account.
If you need to contact customer support, here are a few options:
- Social Media – Sportpesa has accounts on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SportpesaKenya), Twitter (https://twitter.com/sportpesa), and YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/sportpesa).
You are free to visit these social networking accounts, like or follow the betting site, and interact with its staff members and your fellow Kenyan bettors.
- Email – Send an email to [email protected] to get a quick response.
- Address – You can also write to Sportpesa, P.O. Box 38477 – 00100, Nairobi.
- SportPesa News – Visit Sportpesanews.com, a complete sports news portal. You can read the latest happenings in sports such as football, rugby, basketball, athletics, and others on this site. This will help you make a wise choice when it comes to placing single and multi bets.
- Live Support – Click on the dark blue chat button at the bottom right of the casino website to launch the live chat window and get in touch with a customer support agent instantly.
Q1: How old should I be to register at Sportpesa?
A: You should be at least 18 years old to register at Sportpesa. You should also register in person and provide proof of your age when the betting site asks for it.
Q2: Can I open multiple accounts on Sportpesa?
A: No. Sportpesa allows only one account per bettor per IP address.
Q3: Can I view a history of all the financial transactions I make on Sportpesa?
A: Yes, you can do so whenever you wish. You have to log in to your account to view a statement of all transactions you have made on Sportpesa in the last 30 days.
Q4: What should I do if I have a complaint?
A: If you have a complaint, you must email to [email protected] The betting site does everything in its power to resolve the issue at the earliest.
If you are not happy about the way Sportpesa handles your complaint, you may then complain to SportPesa’s licensing body, the Betting Control and Licensing Board (BCLB) of Kenya.
Q5: Can I withdraw my deposit without using it for betting?
A: You may, but the betting site will charge a processing fee of 10% on it. If the online casino suspects you of money laundering, it may report you to the relevant authorities and this may lead to loss of your funds.
Pros and Cons of Playing at Sportpesa
Like all Kenyan online sports betting products, SportPesa has its pros and cons. The online and mobile sports betting experience is impeccable and the gaming interface is well-designed and easy to navigate. But SportPesa offers betting opportunities only on a handful of sports markets. The live betting product is poorer as it offers in-play bets only on three sports.
SportPesa does not offer anything extra to spice up its sports betting experience. This means that there is no casino, no lottery, and no bingo or poker. On the brighter side, SportPesa makes it easier for bettors to make profitable bets through features such as SportPesa news, statistics, live scores, and results.
SportPesa’s mobile betting interface is excellent, including a downloadable app for Android. But there is no native app for iOS devices. The Help section is not as exhaustive as we would have liked it to be. So you have to rely on customer support agents to get the help you require.
Our Take on Sportpesa Kenya – Should You Register?
So should you register at SportPesa? SportPesa does have a few admirable features, such as the unique JengaBets and enormous football jackpots, but it doesn’t have a lot of things that a top-rated Kenyan sports betting site should offer.
We still think it is worth signing up with SportPesa as it offers a decent mobile and online sports betting experience in a licensed and well-regulated environment. You can rest assured that your money and personal information is safe and secure at SportPesa.
Given the fact that so much of valuable information is presented via current news, live scores, and statistics, it becomes a lot easier for punters to make informed decisions before they decide to place their sports bets.